Castrol MHP 153 and 154 are high performance lubricants specifically developed for use in modern highly rated marine and power generation four-stroke engines operating on distillate fuels.
Advantages Compared to an API CD oil, MHP 153 and 154 can provide the following advantages:
- Long lasting protection in the toughest operating conditions.
- Enhanced performance at high temperatures.
- Potential to extend the time between overhauls so reducing costs.
- Formulated for excellent engine cleaniness.
- Cleaner piston ring zone.
- Enhanced detergency, excellent thermal and oxidative stability.
- Offers the potential to simplify and reduce overall lubricant usage.
- High load carrying capabilities and high gear performance that enables them to be used as a common oil for both engine and transmission systems.
- Reduced maintenance and wear.
MHP 153 and 154 are suitable for use in medium to highly-rated marine trunk piston engines operating with ISO 8217 type DMA/DMZ/DMB/RMA10 fuels and requiring API CF performance. MHP 153 and 154 have high load carrying capabilities and superior gear performance that enable them to be used as a common oil for both engine and transmission systems.
- Meets API CF