Castrol Rustilo™ DWX 32 is a powerful solvent deposited corrosion preventive with good dewatering properties. The product, after evaporation of the solvent, leaves a soft greasy protective film.
- Good operator acceptance as based on a low odour de-aromatised hydrocarbon.
- Heavy metals free (for example Barium) which may help to fulfil aspects of legislative requirements and waste treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded.
- Contains a powerful corrosion inhibitor package suitable for severe conditions which provides reliable protection of components.
- Good water displacement and penetrating properties which avoids water entrapment and corrosion under film.
- Good stability against acidic and alkaline contaminations which enables a long bath-lifetime to help reduce operational cost.
- Good mechanical film strength and finger print suppressing properties - highly finished work is not damaged by handling which improves component quality.
- If required protective films of Rustilo DWX 32 can be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process cleaner, all available from Castrol.
Rustilo DWX 32 is a medium to long term protective for use in severe conditions where a high degree of protection is required, i.e. in maritime environment. It is ideal for protection of machine tools and components prior to storage or transportation.
The product also shows good water displacing properties. Although Rustilo DWX 32 can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
- Viscositeit: 32